Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to my crafty blog to showcase all the paper goodies that I make using the awesome products from Close to My Heart. My goal is to post on the first of month showcasing the current stamp of the month and the monthly specials. I will also be posting every Saturday with my current projects. Use the links and information to the right to find information, links, and past projects. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. Happy Crafting!

Saturday, April 15, 2017

A Sweet Birthday

I am in love with many things... fun, bright paper, bling/sparkles, shimmer ribbon, and shimmer brushes.  However, lately my obsession has been focused on cards that fold in unique ways.  The next few posts will be demonstrating this focus with those other supplies I love.

To start I have made an easel pop card.  The cricut design space file for the card base and patterned layer is linked below.  The card base is a basic A2 (5 1/2 by 4 1/4).  When folded flat it will fit into a standard envelope with basic postage.  The layers are off set, centered by 1/4 of an inch.  The cupcake is a stamp/thin cut set called Sweet Birthday; it also includes the sentiment on the front.  The paper is from the Sugar Rush paper pack and solids used are Tangerine, Blossom, and Sea Glass.


As the name suggests this is a pop up card that holds itself on the sentiment underneath (also from the Sweet Birthday stamp set) like an easel.  Such a cute display style card with shimmer ribbon used underneath.  The bling is from the Sugar Rush Dots assortment.  These embellishments are found here.



A peek at the side profile of the card and into the inside where a note could be written.


The Happy Birthday with sprinkles on top! comes from another sweet treat themed stamp set called Sugar Rush - Cardmaking.  


The cupcake was colored with basic colored pencils but a little gold shimmer was added to the frosting.  These brushes are amazing for adding just a little bit of sparkle.


As promised the link to the design space file is here!  Enjoy making a sweet card for someone!

Happy Crafting!
Alex
alexbumb.ctmh.com
alexbumb.ctmh@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment