Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to my crafty blog to showcase all the paper goodies that I make using the awesome products from Close to My Heart. My goal is to post on the first of month showcasing the current stamp of the month and the monthly specials. I will also be posting every Saturday with my current projects. Use the links and information to the right to find information, links, and past projects. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. Happy Crafting!

Monday, April 17, 2017

Flock Together - April Stamp of the Month

Stamp of the Month is one of my favorite specials that Close to My Heart offers.  Every month a limited edition full size stamp set normally sold for $17 is only $5 with a qualifying $50 order.  This month the feature stamp set is Flock Together.  If you know me you know that I have no love for bird creatures, however, the sentiments on this stamp set are adorable.  I have also used the cute scalloped border on a different project...to be posted later.
product image

For this card I used a modified gatefold card template with a 2 1/2 square flap.  You can get the cricut design space file for the basic cuts/folds here. The green stripes and heart zip strip is what I have left over from the Some Kinda Wonderful paper pack.  There was not much left as I have now used every little scrap of this fun, bright pack.  
 

I used the full thickness of the Green Shimmer Trim on the square flap portion.  I peeled the back layer off and placed it on my paper trimmer to be cut down the middle for the skinnier, longer panel accents.  All stamps were stamped in black ink on raspberry paper.  
 

Something that used to unnerve me while crafting was cutting apart a stamp set, (I was so worried that I would ruin it somehow) not so much anymore.  I like to to rearrange the layout of images, separate words, or use different colors on flower/leaf combinations.  For this set I cut the huge So Happy Together apart stamp in order to stack the words on the inside of the card to get happy by itself peeking through the gap.  I also added a writing block hidden on the inside with more leftovers of the heart zip strip and glitter ribbon halfs.  
 

Here is a sideways view of the card half way opened showcasing the hidden inside.
 

Happy Crafting!
Alex
alexbumb.ctmh.com
alexbumb.ctmh@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment